Our Islands - St. John
St. John, the smallest of the three main United States Virgin Islands, is home to the renown Virgin Islands National Park, a unit of the US National Park Service, which comprises two-thirds of the island and its marine belt. St. John is known for its steep hills, panoramic backdrops, tranquil, unspoiled beauty and integral role in the history of the VI.
- Smallest: 19 sq. miles
- Two small towns: Cruz Bay and Coral Bay
- Population: Approx. 5,000
- Highest point: Bordeaux Mountain, 1,277 ft.
- Magnificent powder-white beaches
- Two-thirds US National Park
- Classic historic ruins
- Spectacular vistas
- St. Thomas is the gateway to St. John.
- 15 mins. by passenger and vehicle ferry to/from St. Thomas
- St. John Fourth of July Celebration – June to July 4th
- 20+ hiking trails
- No airport