Our Islands - St. Thomas
St. Thomas combines natural beauty with an energetic, cosmopolitan atmosphere. Charlotte Amalie, the capital of the USVI is the premier port of the Caribbean and boasts one of the most dramatic harbors in the world. Locations run a full gamut of looks. The city is a bustling shopping mecca set in quaint former Danish warehouses and Creole style buildings.
- Capital of USVI, Charlotte Amalie
- 32 sq. miles
- Population: Approx. 62,000
- Highest point: Crown Mountain, 1,550 ft.
- Cosmopolitan, humming with energy
- No. 1 cruise ship port in Caribbean
- Wide variation of beach types
- Coral World Ocean Park (underwater observatory, sea lions, sharks)
- Easily accessible underwater wrecks
- Historic ruins
- US Coast Guard Station
- Dramatic views in every direction
- 15-minute passenger and vehicle ferry ride from St. John
- 40 miles north of St. Croix.
- Picturesque harbor
- Cliffside golf course
- Mega yacht marinas
- Mangrove lagoon
- Narrow winding streets
- Designer boutiques
- International airport, 7,200 ft. runway with world class private jet services
- VI Carnival – April